I hope you guys had a great thanksgiving. I am sorry I did not create a post for thanksgiving but honestly I took some time off and enjoyed my family and simply took a break from everything. To be honest I kinda hit a creative wall where I was not inspired and motivated at all. Everything is happening so fast, and sometimes it is very hard to find the time to do it all. Better late than never THANK YOU! From the bottom of my heart, thank you for taking the time and visiting my site, reading my post, commenting and showing me love. I truly appreciate all of your support and I hope that you guys continue to find this platform helpful.
Since we are in the holiday spirit, and probably most of you guys are still shopping for Christmas gifts for your loved ones I wanted to share with you guys a cool, creative and thoughtful DIY! I love shopping for others, but when there is a budget or lack of funds there are ways to create gifts that are affordable and personalized. So here we go….
Items you will need:
- Fabric – I used Vinyl for this project
- Scissors for fabric & paper
- Sewing Machine
- Acrylic Paint
- Measure your clutch size: You can make it whatever size you would like, make sure that you have the same measurements for length and width using paper. Also add 1/2 around your bag for sewing purposes.
- Pin the paper to the fabric, and then you can start cutting it. Use fabric scissors, it will make it easy specially with heavy fabric like vinyl.
- Place the right side of the fabric together facing each other. You will be sewing on top of the inside fabric.
- Using a sewing machine, place the fabric by the 1/2 measurement, and carefully hold the fabric and start sewing!
- Once you have sewn all the sides, except the opening of your clutch, cut the bottom corners and turn it in, this will give more shape to your bag.
- You can use pins or tape to hold the extra fabric inside, once you have done this you can sew it in so edges can be cleaner.
- If you have some extra fabric, measure the closing of your clutch, and you can glue it or sew it inside depending on the fabric you are using. In this case I used a hot glue gun and glued the fabric to the inside of the flap.
- Once your clutch is sewn, you can add a button or any kind of closure. I used a string of velvet & wrapped it around to used it as a closure. Also I didn’t want this bag to look so basic, so I decided to illustrate some cute boots on it. You can get creative and draw anything, with vinyl is an easy fabric to draw on.
- I used a pencil to draw on the fabric, then a black washable marker to create the outline and to finish the details I used acrylic paint. Acrylic is easy to use and it will dry faster.Here is the final look with a casual outfit:
You can create this clutch for someone special, or for yourself. I spent about $30.00 on all the materials at Joanns, and I also downloaded the app where I found great coupons. I had fun creating this clutch, it brought me out of my creative rut that I was in, and I hope you get inspired to create one for someone special during this Holiday. Remember this season is all about spending time with your loved ones, gifts and material things are not that important and if you are worried you don’t have enough funds, there are ways to get creative and make your gifts. Have a great a weekend!
Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored.