DIY Tassel Earrings!
July 11, 2017
So lately I have been obsessing over the whole tassel trend. I love how many brands are creating different looks and accessories with it. It has been a strong trend for a couple of months.
I decided to look online for some earrings. Let me tell you that I found some pretty expensive ones. To keep it completely honest with you guys, I have been trying to be smart about my finances and paying $36.00 for a pair of earrings did not seemed like a smart move. So I decided to get creative and DIY my own tassel earrings. I had help from my dear friend Yoda. We were able to hang out and make this cute earrings. I created this small tutorial and I hope you guys enjoy it.
I took a trip to my favorite store JO-ANN . This store is always organize and people are very helpful. They also have an app where you can download with all the information and COUPONS!! so here we go….
What you will need:
DMC Satin Embroidery Floss,
Blue Moon Ear Wire
Blue Moon Findings Bead cap
**All the items I purchased were under $10.00 and I used a coupon so it really helped** Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored.
- Wrap tassel floss around your hand and cut it in half. You can decide which ever length you would like.
- Fold one of the pieces in half by creating a little top bun, and use a piece of the tassel floss or thread like I did and wrap it around making sure all the tassels are kept together.
- Once you have created the top bun, insert the hook inside the bead cap.
- Then grab the glue gun, place some glue inside the bead cap and attach it to the top bun of the tassel. Hold it for 6 sec. so that the glue will hold quicker.
- and…BAM!! you have created some cool tassel earrings.!! GOOD JOB <3
Here is the Final Product! You can create as many as you can and make them longer or shorter. Here is a pic of my friend Yoda wearing the earrings she made, and her cute son trying to pull them haha!
and of course I had to take a quick picture and show you mines!
I hope you guys enjoyed this post. Remember you can create anything, use what you have and have fun while doing it. I had a great time creating this earrings with my friend and shooting this DIY. Stay tune for more. Have a great week friends.