Saying goodbye to my 20’s & ready for a new chapter
Saying goodbye to my 20’s has been a lot easier than what I imagined. I have read so many articles, and blog post regarding the transition and so many were so positive about it. It really inspired me to write about my new chapter and of course saying goodbye to one.
The past few months have been very challenging for me. I started a whole new job, a new relationship, everything in life seems more real & there is not time to waste. If you are in your early 20’s, or transitioning out of your 20’s think about the things you want to accomplish, and the things you have done. I am pretty proud of my 20’s! I did sooooo many things, it’s crazy to look back into pictures and memories of all of it.
The great things about my 20’s was that I was able to do a lot of cool things.
- My relationship with God grew so much stronger.
- danced professionally
- worked different jobs it was hard to tell people what I was doing because I enjoyed doing it all.
- I went to lots of parties, events, and barely slept.
- made so many friends from different places.
- traveled to different cities and countries.
- graduated from college.
- moved away from home.
- learned how to live on my own.
- dated guys that broke my heart but the great thing was that I did not settle & realized what I wanted in a relationship.
- Started to create art again.
- created a blog.
- joined the influencer world.
- became passionate about social media.
Saying goodbye to my 20’s has made me realize many many things.
- I over analyzed so many of the decisions I made.
- financially made a lot of mistakes, got into stupid credit cards, bought things I didn’t need.
- did not learn about saving, or investing, but i’m learning now.
- dealt with a lot of fear, fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of what people would say.
- I cared way to much of what others would say, and I hid a lot of my true self because of it.
- doubted my work, my talent and held back from many opportunities.
- broke hearts, thinking I always had to be ms. independent and didn’t need anyone, but realized that it wasn’t always about money or career.
- I was fired from a job, unemployed but it pushed me to be better, and to continue to go after my entrepreneur heart.
Looking back at all the good and bad, saying goodbye to my 20’s has been easy. I feel accomplished of what I did, what I learned about the bad things too and I have no regrets at all because life is all about the good and the bad. I am excited about my 30’s & all the craziness that comes with it. So continue to stick out around friends, while I continue to share my heart, adventures and all that fun stuff. Are you ready to say goodbye to your 20’s?
Here are some memories of my journey, I am blessed for all the people in my life & the great adventures we all had.