If you have visited any Disney theme park you know that dressing for it is a challenge. I have been blessed to visit all the four Disney World theme parks in Florida, as well as the two parks in California. Perks of having a mom who works for Disney so just to be clear this is not a paid or sponsored post, I just wanted to share tips on what to wear to Disney because sometimes I struggle on what to wear.
Yesterday I had the opportunity to visit Pandora-the world of avatar at Animal Kingdom. It was so cool, you really feel like you are in another world, and they were great creating a lot of the similar details from the movie. The weather was perfect, and since it was Thursday it was not packed. When you go to any Disney park you have to consider the weather, wait times, long walks and what day during the week it is. I know there are bloggers who take some great photos with their outfits at Disney, but let’s keep it real you don’t want to wear something that you are not going to be comfortable in. Don’t get me wrong you can wear a cute outfit, but think about what works with your style, the weather, and how comfortable are you going to be throughout the day.
What I wore:
- Basic cotton black top: I would suggest if is too hot, wear a lighter color, sometimes depending on the fabric black can attract a lot of heat.
- Boyfriend jeans: Light blue denim washed jeans that are not tight. You can also wear leggings, but make sure they are NOT see through, and are light weight. Wearing light pants helps in case it gets colder at night.
- Flower print long sleeve shirt: I always wear a long sleeve shirt around my waist just in case it gets cold, it also gives some style to your outfit.
- Adidas gazelle sneakers: I highly recommend wearing comfortable sneakers. As I mentioned earlier there are long walks, and long standing wait times for rides. You want to wear shoes that have enough support for your ankles and back.
- Backpack or crossbody bag where you can carry all your personal items.
- Baseball Cap: Protecting yourself from the sun, also just in case it rains or you don’t want your hair in your face a hat will come in handy.
- Sunnies: Adding some cute sunnies will make you look stylish, and will protect your eyes from the sun.
Here is a little peek of Pandora- The World of Avatar!
Invest in quality items that you can wear throughout the year for other trips or adventures. I hope you guys found these tips helpful, and next time you take a trip to Disney or somewhere else remember is all about your personal style and comfort. Have a great weekend friends, I am off to another adventure!